RASPBERRY LEMON CAKE WITH VEGAN CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
2 c. gluten-free flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄2 c. organic cane sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1⁄2 c. olive oil
1 1⁄2 tbsp. water
1 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 c. lemon juice
1⁄4 c. vegan butter, melted
1 c. raspberries
1 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
3 1⁄2 sticks vegan butter (room temperature)
7 1⁄2 c. powder sugar
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 325° F. Grease and flour a pie dish. Sift the flour to combine with baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the water, olive oil, So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative, vanilla extract, lemon juice and melted vegan butter.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together to make a smooth batter. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour the mixture in the bread form and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the vegan butter, 2 c. powdered sugar, and 1⁄2 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative. Beat using a hand mixer until creamed and combined.
- Add in an additional 2 c. of powdered sugar and beat to incorporate.
- Add remaining yogurt alternative and another 2 c. powdered sugar. Beat to combine.
- Add additional powdered sugar 1⁄2 c. at a time until the desired consistency is reached.