GLUTEN-FREE RED CHERRY ALMOND SCONES
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
1 1⁄2 c. gluten-free baking flour
1⁄4 c. organic cane sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
1⁄2 c. vegan butter, cold
1⁄2 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
2 tbsp. ground flax seed
1⁄4 c. plus 2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3⁄4 c. pitted red cherries
1 tbsp. So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconutmilk
1⁄4 c. sliced almonds
2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the water into the ground flax and chill for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Grate the vegan butter into the flour mixture to maintain its temperature. Stir with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Add So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconutmilk Alternative, flax mixture, and vanilla to a separate bowl. Whisk together before pouring the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in the pitted cherries and transfer the loose dough onto the parchment-lined pan. Use hands to form the dough into a circle, about 2 inches thick.
- Brush the dough with So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconutmilk. Combine the sliced almonds and turbinado sugar, and sprinkle over the top.
- Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack for about 15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow the scones to cool before cutting into wedges.