GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES WITH HARISSA YOGURT TOPPING
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
2 lbs. small multicolored potatoes
5 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
Coarse salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
HARISSA YOGURT TOPPING
1 Tbsp. harissa
3⁄4 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of generously salted water. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and let potatoes cool, about 10 minutes. You can make the Harissa Yogurt topping in this time.
- Place cooled potatoes on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently smash potatoes with the palm of your hand (be careful, they may still be hot inside).
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Top with chopped garlic, fresh thyme, coarse salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast potatoes in oven 15 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn golden brown.
- Place on serving dish and top with Harissa Yogurt Topping.
- Combine harissa, yogurt alternative, and lemon juice in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Use topping on Garlic Smashed Potatoes or on top of your other favorite dish!