CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
128 g. gluten-free flour blend
1⁄4 tsp. xantham gum
1⁄4 c. plus 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1⁄4 c. plus 2 tbsp. organic cane sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄4 tsp. salt
9 tbsp. shortening, cold
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
up to 3 tbsp. cold water
4 tbsp. vegetable shortening
1 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Chocolate Coconutmilk
1 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Original Coconutmilk Creamer
4 1⁄2 tsp. egg replacer, mixed with 6 tbsp. water
2 c. dairy-free chocolate chips
Toppings:So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip
- Combine the flours, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the shortening into the flour until crumbly..
- Add the vinegar and vanilla. Add up to 3 tablespoons cold water as needed, 1⁄2 tablespoon at a time, until the dough forms. Wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a pie plate with oil.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of parchment (about 1⁄4 inch thick) and then transfer it to the pie plate. Fix any broken pieces and form an edge with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookie crust is done. Let the crust cool.
- Melt the shortening in a saucepan over low heat. Add the coconutmilk beverage and creamer (make sure they are room temperature) and whisk together.
- Raise the heat to medium and bring it to a boil. As soon as the mixture starts to boil add the egg replacer mixture and whisk together for 20 seconds as it starts to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the chocolate chips (1⁄2 cup at a time). Whisk until completely blended. Let the filling cool.
- Pour pie filling into crust.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Top with CocoWhip and your favorite berries.