VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHERRY TARTLETS
recipe by Last Ingredient
Non-stick cooking spray
1 1⁄2 c. almond flour
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
7 oz. vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 c. So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconutmilk
6 tbsp. cherry preserves
1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Cranberry Cherry Swirl Frozen Mousse
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease 6 mini tart pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir the mixture until it has the consistency of wet sand.
- Press into the bottoms and sides of the prepared tart pans.
- Place them on a sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until the crust is just firm. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the filling, place the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl.
- Heat the coconutmilk in a small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles start appearing at the edges, pour the coconut milk over the chocolate. Let stand for 2 minutes and then gently whisk until the chocolate has melted.
- To assemble, spread a tablespoon of cherry preserves on the bottom of each tart. Pour in the ganache and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Top each tart with So Delicious Dairy Free Frozen Mousse before serving.