CREAMY SPRING VEGETABLE CHICKPEA CURRY
recipe by Hummusapien
1 1⁄2 c. brown basmati rice, rinsed
1 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt, divided
1⁄2 c. raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours or overnight
2 c. So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew, divided
1 tbsp. coconut or avocado oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large sweet potato, diced (about 2 cups)
1 large carrot, sliced on the diagonal
3 tbsp. curry powder
1⁄2 c. frozen peas
1-15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp. gluten free tamari
Sriracha and fresh chopped basil or cilantro, optional
- In a medium pot, combine rice, 3 cups water, and 1⁄2 tsp salt and bring to a boil. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for about 30 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let it rest covered for 5 minutes.
- Place soaked cashews and 1 cup Almondmilk in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute. Stir in asparagus, bell pepper, potatoes, carrots, curry powder, and 1 tsp salt. Sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in cashew mixture, remaining 1 cup Almondmilk, tamari, peas, and chickpeas. Reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for about 15-20 minutes, stirring as needed, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and sriracha and serve over rice.