ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE
4 slices prosciutto di Parma (remove for vegan option)
2 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
4 slices sourdough bread
2 Tbsp. apricot jam
4 So Delicious Cheddar Style Slices
1⁄4 cup So Delicious Mexican Style Shreds
2 Tbsp. ghee (or your favorite vegan butter alternative)
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, lay the slices of prosciutto in the pan and cook, turning once, until frizzled and crisp, about 1 minute per side.
- Spread the vegan mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Flip over, and spread the jam on the other sides.
- Divide the Cheddar style slices on the jam sides of two slices of bread, top with the crispy prosciutto, Mexican style shreds and the remaining bread slices, jam-side down, to form two sandwiches.
- Melt the ghee in the skillet over medium heat. Lay the sandwiches in the pan and cook, pressing down on them occasionally with a spatula and turning once, until the bread is golden brown and the fillings are melted, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut each sandwich in half. Serve hot.