NONA’S GRILLED CHEESE
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
2 ciabatta bread slices
2 So Delicious Cheddar Style Slices
1 Tbsp. vegan butter or canola oil
tomato basil jam:
4 c. petite diced tomatoes
1⁄4 c. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. kosher salt
1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
1⁄4 tsp. red pepper flake
2 Tbsp. fresh minced basil
- Prepare tomato basil jam (can be made in advance).
Combine tomatoes, sugar, lemon juice, salt, red chili flakes, and black pepper in a medium, heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture reduces by about half, about 1 hour.
Remove pot from heat, stir in minced basil, and let jam cool to room temperature. Store chilled until ready to use.
- Spread a thin layer of vegan butter or canola oil one side of each slice of ciabatta bread.
- In a skillet on low-medium heat, place both slices of bread buttered side down. On one slice of bread, add two Cheddar Style Slices.
- Cover skillet with lid and cook for 5 minutes, until slices melt and bread is brown on the bottoms.
- Remove both slices of bread from skillet. Spread tomato basil jam on slice of bread that doesn’t have Slices on it.
- Assemble sandwich by bringing together cheesed and tomato jam bread slices together.