ITALIAN STYLE STUFFED PEPPERS
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
1 pack So Delicious Mozzarella Style Shreds
6 medium red, yellow or green peppers, topped and cored
1 c. tomato puree
1 1⁄2 c. finely diced mushrooms
1 can petite diced tomatoes (drained)
1 c. cooked rice or cauliflower rice
1 tsp. Italian herb blend
- Top and core peppers and set aside.
- Mix tomato puree and 1 pack Mozzarella Style Shreds in a bowl and set aside (keep some Shreds aside if desired for step 9/10).
- Sauté mushrooms in a large pan.
- Add rice and drained tomatoes.
- Add Mozzarella Style Shreds and tomato puree mixture and heat through.
- Fill topped peppers with 1⁄2 c. filling per pepper.
- Place the wire rack in pressure cooker and add 1 c. water to the bottom.
- Put peppers on top of steamer rack and cook on high pressure for three to four minutes. (Or, bake for 25 minutes at 400°F.)
- Fast release pressure cooker, then optionally top peppers with more Shreds. Replace lid and let steam for an additional 10 minutes on the “keep warm” mode.
- If cooking in the oven, after 25 min, add Shreds, spritz with oil, and bake for 3 more minutes.