FROZEN GINGERBREAD PEACH PECAN CRUMBLE BARS
recipe by Nourished Kitchen
1 c. sprouted rolled oats, certified gluten-free if you need it
1 c. blanched almond flour
1⁄3 c. pecans
3 tbsp. arrowroot starch
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. powdered ginger
1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
2 pints So Delicious Dairy Free Peachy Maple Pecan Frozen Dessert
4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 c. chopped pecans
2 tbsp. finely chopped crystalized ginger
- Heat the oven to 350 F, and line an 8-by-8 cake pan with parchment paper, allowing the parchment paper to hang over the sides of the pan by about 6 inches.
- Toss all ingredients for the crust into a food processor, and process for about 1 minute until they form a sticky and consistently uniform dough.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared pan, and press it down to form a thin, even layer. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a caramel brown color barely tinges the edges of the crust, and the crust is evenly cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Spoon one pint of So Delicious Dairy Free Peachy Maple Pecan Frozen Dessert over the crust, and spread it into a smooth, even layer with a spatula. Generously spoon the chopped peaches over the first layer of frozen dessert, pressing them in very slightly. Spoon the second pint of So Delicious Dairy Free Peachy Maple Pecan Frozen Dessert over the peaches, and spread it smoothly, but gently into the pan. Evenly scatter the chopped pecans and crystallized ginger over the final layer of frozen dessert.
- Fold the overhung parchment paper over the final layer of pecans and ginger, gently pressing them into the tin. Freeze overnight.
- Holding the parchment paper, lift the bars out of the cake tin and set them on a cutting board. Warm a knife under hot water, and then slice the dessert at 1-inch intervals to form long bars. Slice these bars in half to form 16 small bars.