DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TREE STUMP CAKE WITH SUGARED CRANBERRIES
recipe by A Simple Pantry
21⁄2 c. all-purpose flour
21⁄2 c. sugar
1 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
22⁄3 c. non-dairy milk
2⁄3 c. canola oil
2 tbsps. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1⁄2 c. vegan butter
1⁄2 c. vegetable shortening
11⁄4 c. powdered sugar
1⁄4 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 - 2 tbsps. non-dairy milk, as needed
1 carton SO Delicious Dairy Free Frozen Mousse, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 inch pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, then place it in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely, then use a 6-inch round pan to cut out two complete circles and two half-circles for a 3-layer cake.
- Add all the frosting ingredients except the non-dairy milk to a large mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes.
- Scrape the bowl occasionally to ensure all the ingredients are well-mixed. If the frosting is too stiff, add the non-dairy milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Frost the cake as desired.*
- Serve with So Delicious Dairy Free Frozen Mousse and enjoy!