CARAMEL APPLE CRUMBLE FALL SUNDAE WITH BLACK CANDY APPLES
recipe by So Delicious Kitchen
So Delicious Dairy Free Caramel Apple Crumble Oatmilk Frozen Dessert
3⁄4 c. water
1 tsp. black food coloring
2 c. sugar
1⁄2 c. light corn syrup
8 Granny Smith apples
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and top with a cooling rack.
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and food coloring in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high. Boil until syrup reaches 300-310° F. (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, insert a wooden dowel into the stem end of each apple, pushing halfway down. When syrup reaches desired temperature, immediately remove from heat.
- Dip apples, 1 at a time, in caramel to coat. Transfer to baking sheet; let cool in refrigerator for about 45 minutes to solidify caramel, then remove and keep at room temperature.
- Once apples have solidified, dish out bowls of Caramel Apple Crumble Oatmilk Frozen Dessert.
- Top bowls with Black Candy Apples and enjoy!
- Candy apples can be made up to 4 hours ahead; keep at room temperature until ready to serve.