These scones come out so buttery, you will never know they are vegan! So Delicious Dairy Free’s hazelnut coconut creamer imparts a subtle nuttiness that pairs well with chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Add vegan butter and mix together with hands until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs the size of peas.
- Add chocolate chips and creamer, mix for a few more seconds until just moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and press together gently until the dough clings together in a ball. Pat into a circle about 2-inches thick and 6 inches in diameter. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut into 8 wedges. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, before separating wedges.