Trust us, you won’t miss the old ballpark standard! The surprisingly delicious flavor of this carrot dog recipe comes from a savory marinade made with coconut aminos and a touch of liquid smoke.
- Boil water in medium saucepan, filled half-way.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the carrots. Cook until just tender and run under cool water to stop the cooking process.
- For the marinade, combine the other ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the carrots to the marinade and let them sit for up to 2-6 hours ahead of time.
- To serve, heat the carrots in a 350 degree oven or on a grill until heated through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place inside a toasted, gluten-free hot dog bun and add your favorite toppings.