Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Crispy Firecracker Corn Fritters
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 5 (10 fritters; 2 per serving)
1. Combine dry ingredients (sorghum flour through sugar) in a bowl and mix well.
2. Combine wet ingredients (coconut milk through bell pepper) in a separate bowl and whisk until well incorporated.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet batter and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a high-sided skillet, ensuring that it covers two inches up the sides or use a nonstick griddle. To test oil for rediness, drop a little batter into the pan. Batter should fall to the bottom and sizzle then float to the top within seconds.
5. Drop the batter into the hot oil by the spoonful and cook 2-4 minutes per side. Fritters will puff up when ready to flip.
6. Drain fritters on paper towels and serve with your favorite aioli, sweet chili sauce, or creamy chimichurri sauce.
For a thinner batter, add 4 tablespoons of coconut milk and prepare these on an oiled griddle. these light and fluffy fritters are a cinch to make and can be customized with your favorite additions like herbs, shredded zucchini and carrots, or finely diced spring vegetables.
If you are finding that the batter is coming apart in the oil, try adding a bit more potato starch (up to double the amount) to help it bind together.