Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Coconut Gnocchi with Garlic Creamed Kale
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix shredded coconut, sifted quinoa flour, and salt together. Make a small well in the center of dry ingredients, and add coconut milk to center.
2. Mix in bowl until dough just forms (a soft but firm dough-a little bit more coconut milk or flour may be required) turn out onto lightly quinoa-floured surface.
3. Divide dough into 4 parts, and roll out long "snakes" until consistently 1/2 inch thick. Cut into bite-sized pieces (gnocchi).
4. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, and add enough salt to make the water taste salty like the ocean.
5. Add gnocchi to the water, cook for about 1 minute after they rise to the surface, and place in a bowl.
6. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add coconut oil and then crisp gnocchi on one side (about 1 minute), then flip all at once. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add all other ingredients (kale through mace), whisk and simmer for about 2 more minutes.
8. Adjust seasoning to taste.