Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Chickpea Flour "Omelet"
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
1. In mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, rice flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
2. Add milk and whisk until smooth. Rest for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat and add sliced shallots and cook for about 5 minutes. Add peppers and spinach, cover, and reduce heat to low to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet over medium-high heat, add 2/3 cup batter, reduce heat to medium, smooth batter to a 6-7 inch circle and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Add 1/4 of vegetable mixture to half of circle, fold the other half over, cover, and cook for another minute or two. Transfer to warm oven and continue with the other 3 "omelets."