Dairy Free & Loving It
So Delicious Dairy Free is all about providing solutions for those living a dairy-free life for ethical, health, taste, or religious reasons. From the time you get up and make your morning coffee to when you enjoy a sweet treat at the end of the night, we’ve got your entire day covered by offering dairy-free options that make your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies SO Delicious, you'll never miss dairy!
Buckwheat Crepes with Whipped Coconut Cream
So Delicious Dairy Free,
Directions for Preparation
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 4
1. In a bowl, mix buckwheat flour, rice flour, golden flaxseed mean, cocoa, and brown sugar.
2. Add vanilla coconut milk and oil. Whisk until smooth. Let rest 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk culinary coconut milk with vanilla cultured coconut milk. Set aside.
4. Heat small cast-iron pan over medium heat. Grease lightly with oil.
5. Add 1/4 cup batter to hot pan, twirling to spread batter out in a thin layer.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, using spatula to loosen edges. Trasfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
7. Spoon layer of coconut cream inside crepes and roll up.
8. Garnish and fill crepes with your choice of toppings and fillings. Some suggestions include fresh berries, toasted nuts, seeds, vegan chocolate, coconut chips, etc.
If the crepes are cracking, you can make them thicker with the batter, or even treat the batter like a pancake.
If you are having difficulty getting the culinary milk out of the spout, squeeze the upopened container until bottom flaps unfold, and then use a knife or scissors to cut off the bottom. Then squeeze all of the contents out more easily.