WORLD'S FIRST DRINKABLE CULTURED COCONUT MILK COMING TO A STORE NEAR YOU
Eugene, OR – From the makers of America’s most popular dairy-free foods comes something new. In June 2009, Turtle Mountain launched So Delicious® Drinkable Cultured Coconut Milk — a unique fermented beverage with the consistency of drinkable yogurt that is designed to give consumers the health benefits of coconut milk and probiotics all in one.
Probiotics are beneficial bacteria which flourish in the body while hindering the growth of harmful microorganisms. So Delicious® Drinkable Cultured Coconut Milk contains 10 live and active bacteria. Several strains of these bacteria, such as Lactobacillus, have been shown to strengthen the immune system and promote digestion.
Made from imported coconut milk, So Delicious® Drinkable Cultured Coconut Milk is also rich in medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) which are recognized for their unique health benefits, such as:
- Protecting against heart disease, cancer and other degenerative diseases.
- Helping those with digestive diseases.
- Providing energy to the body instead of being stored as fat.
- Offering antiviral/antimicrobial properties that strengthen the immune system and enhance intestinal health.
- Coconut milk gives the drink a clean, slightly sweet taste and creamy mouth feel. "The taste and versatility of coconut milk make it an excellent base ingredient," says John Tucker, Vice President of Marketing and Technology. "From ice cream to beverages to cultured products, coconut milk gives these foods a distinctive taste with health properties you won’t get from any other source."
Naturally cholesterol free and made without soy, gluten or dairy, the beverage is packaged in recyclable plastic containers and available in: Original, Vanilla and Strawberry. Suggested Retail Price for So Delicious® Drinkable Cultured Coconut Milk is $4.49 per quart and is available nationally at Whole Foods Markets and other natural food retailers.
For additional information on the world’s first drinkable cultured coconut milk or to learn more about Turtle Mountain’s array of dairy-free products made, contact Chris Turek. Photos, product information, and samples are available upon request.
ABOUT TURTLE MOUNTAIN, LLC
>Based in Eugene, Oregon since 1988, privately held Turtle Mountain provides consumers with healthier alternatives to dairy-based frozen desserts and refrigerated items. All products are 100% plant based and contain no artificial sweeteners, trans-fats or hydrogenated oils, and most are made with certified organic ingredients. Turtle Mountain sells its products under the brands So Delicious Dairy Free® and Purely Decadent®. For full product offerings and complete nutritional information, please visit:http://www.SoDeliciousDairyFree.coms.