This week’s Save Summer theme is Elevate. So Delicious Dairy Free wants to see how you rise to the occasion to embrace summer time. The first step to getting to a state of elevate is to focus on your mood. Here are our favorite ways to elevate your mood and feel good!
- Movement. A nice long stroll, yoga session, swim or a good run can release stress and promote happiness.
- Look at art. Art you find beautiful sends activity to the pleasure centers of your brain. The more you like the picture, the more blood flow increases in that part of the brain. You can also just look at cute animal pictures online, we won’t tell anyone.
- B vitamins. The B vitamin family, such as B6, B12 or folic acid, have been linked to improving your immune system, regulating serotonin production and fighting off depression. Spinach, chickpeas and avocados are good sources.
- Play your jam. Rock out to your favorite tune to get your blood pumping and a fierce, “take on the day” kind of attitude.
- Nap. John F. Kennedy, Albert Einstein and Ariana Huffington are all notable champions of the midday nap. Most Americans don’t get enough sleep, and a 20-30 minute nap can do wonders for your alertness and sense of calm.
- Sunshine. Sunshine gives you a dose of essential vitamin D and will make you feel warm and summery.
- Hugs. A good long hug will help you feel appreciated and less lonely, and have also shown to increase self-esteem. They also relax your muscles so you don’t feel tense.
- Meditation. Meditation is a conscious practice of clearing your mind. Our favorite meditation format is simply to sit and smile.
- Talk it out. We humans are social creatures, and it is always good to talk out any anxiety or thoughts with a friend or family member.
- Treats! You know we had to include tasty, low calorie dairy-free treats that you can enjoy without feeling guilty.
How do you elevate your mood? Let us know in the comments!